We do not compromise when it comes to Health and Safety. We aim to be a recognised leader in Health and Safety in the construction sector.
We have well-established policies and systems in place to manage Health and Safety, that are continually reviewed and updated to reflect or improve industry best practice.
All contracts are regularly assessed for Health and Safety risks. Company managers continually discuss health and safety matters with people at all levels, on and off-site.
1. We are committed to achieving the best standards of health, safety, and welfare in the workplace, and these shall not be compromised to achieve business objectives.
2. To ensure this aim, we will apply all reasonably practicable means to continually improve our performance working towards the objectives of eliminating workplace hazards, accidents, and ill-health.
3. As a minimum standard, we will comply with all relevant legislation, regulations, and codes of practice.
4. We recognise that the management of health and safety is of equal importance as any other business activity, and we give full support to those who endeavour to fulfill this Policy.
5. We understand that, ultimately, the Chief Executive Officer has overall responsibility for health and safety.
6. However, to assist in fully discharging our duties, we have appointed a Director with specific responsibility for Health and Safety, at board level, for the businesses, to which this Policy applies.
7. Notwithstanding (6) above, each business has a Business Unit Leader responsible for applying this Policy.
8. To be effective, the implementation and maintenance of the Health and Safety Policy require the involvement of all employees. Employees will be actively encouraged to participate and contribute to the success of this Policy.
9. For those who have specific responsibilities/duties toward employees, premises or equipment, health and safety must be considered when performing all business activities.
10. The Company is committed to providing all necessary and appropriate training for all employees to enable them to work safely and ensure they are suitably capable and competent to undertake their specific roles within the business.
11. Every employee has a legal duty to act responsibly and to do everything possible to prevent injury to themselves and other people. The success of this policy depends on the co-operation of everybody.
12. Effective communication is essential for the achievement and maintenance of high standards.
All employees, irrespective of their position and responsibilities, have a vital communication role to play.
13. The Health and Safety Management System details the organisation and arrangements for the implementation of this Policy.
14. We shall review The Health and Safety Policy as often as is considered necessary, but no less than annually. We recognise to achieve our aims we must persistently work to strive for Continuous Improvement.